Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jennifer Hudson Performs at the Presidential Inaugural Ball

Hello Loverlies!  Happy Monday, hope your day went well.  It's a very chilly 1 degree here in my neck of the woods and I'm so happy to be snug in front of my computer.

Well...I'm sure you all are still reeling from the historical events of yesterday. I know I am.  For me, it was a fashion bonanza.  Everyone looked positively stunning; the first family dressed to impress and boy, did they ever!  Now, on to the night's festivities--performances by Alicia Keys, John Legend, and Jennifer Hudson to name a few, rocked Capitol Hill. Of course, Jen H's performance stood out the most because of her rendition of Al Green's classic Let's Stay Together.  And while we all would have loved to hear that oh so silky voice of the Man himself, IMO, Jennifer did well in spite of having to fill some pretty gigantic shoes. 

Essence.com
I thought she looked beautiful in a basic black sleeveless mermaid style gown.  Soft curls cascading on her shoulders lent an air of that Old Hollywood glamor I love so much. A "less is more" choice of jewelry and black pumps with jeweled platforms provided just the right amount of bling.

All in all, it was a beautiful night and Jennifer Hudson's performance was a fitting serenade for the First Couple's inaugural dance.

No comments :