Sunday, August 14, 2011

Janelle Monae on Vanity Fair's International Best Dressed List

Hello all my Loverlees! Hope you all had a simply smashing weekend. Well, back to the grind on Monday moanin', at least for some of us. I'll just be turning over. But I can't laugh too hard, next week is my last week at home. I will return to my own grind on Monday, August 22 (just found that out today, ain't that a kick in the head)?

Oh well, I thought I'd share some great news about one of my favorite fashion icons, Ms. Janelle Monae. The September issue of Vanity Fair features her on their 72ND ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL BEST DRESSED LIST! As far as I'm concerned, she is more than deserving. Monae's style is eclectic, funky, and fly. She exudes old Hollywood glamor with an edge. Many people have dissed her style, calling it boring, weird, and outdated (outdated, are you kidding me?)and she is anything BUT boring. What I think a lot of young people don't appreciate is the fact that she actually is wearing clothes! I'm glad she's not listening to the nay-sayers. Monae's style is what it is and she wears it very well!

So make sure you pick up the September issue of Vanity Fair on newstands now!


Photo courtesy of Vanity Fair


Photo courtesy of Vanity Fair

1 comment:

The Seeker said...

She's really sooooooo elegant!!!!!

Kisses, kisses, my dear.

xoxo