Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hollywood Queen of Glamor, Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79


Photo courtesy of BuzzFeed
A star on her own terms, the legendary Elizabeth Taylor died Wednesday morning at the age of 79 from a lengthy bout with Congestive Heart Failure. As a young child growing up, I thought that Elizabeth Taylor was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen. I remember going to the movies to see Cleopatra (my mother loved epic films) and will never forget her famous entrance into the city dressed in gold regalia. Aside from the aforementioned, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe, and Suddenly Last Summer are my favorite Elizabeth Taylor films. My mom, also named Elizabeth, shared stories of the actress' many romances and marriages and she used to always say "if Mike Todd (her third husband) had lived, she'd (Liz) still be married to him."

I don't know about that, but I do know this...Hollywood has lost one of the last great legends of cinema and I am certain those beautiful violet eyes and the fabulously "bad girl" personality behind them will be missed.


Photo courtesy of BuzzFeed

2 comments:

Marian said...

Hello darling.
Hope you are well.

Elizabeth was Hollywood Royalty. Not only beautiful but generous in spirit.

May she rest in perfect peace.

Glam Kisses,
Marian.

Marian said...

Sending love, have a good day
xx
Marian.