Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of a Decade

The end of the first decade of the 21st Century is upon us. As we walk through the door of 2010 into 2011, we leave a year filled with excitement, turmoil, change and survival of the human spirit behind.

I thank God for His never leaving me to fend for myself. I've been in that place, and it's not a very pleasant situation. In the past year, I've faced disappointments, triumphs, fear of the unknown, and anticipation of the future. I am thankful to come through it with my mind in tact. God has been there for me every step of the way, and I am most grateful for His faithfulness to me, even when I wasn't my most faithful to Him. I thank Him for loving me, even during my most unlovable times. I thank Him for keeping me, even when I didn't want to be kept. And I thank Him for the unmeasurable gift of the life of His dear Son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

This coming year is another chance for me to get it right. To gain momentum in the journey to my destiny. To taste new treats, and to venture into new territory. I'm hoping to leave the country for awhile. My destination of choice is London, England. I hope to make it there either in the summer or fall of 2011. I pray that God will grant me His blessing to sail uncharted waters.

For all of you, my readers and dare I say, my friends, who have stuck with me even when I was abandoned by inspiration, to you I say thank you and I hope you'll continue the journey with me. May 2011 bring you great peace, prosperity, and the realization of your dreams.

God bless you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: