Monday, December 20, 2010

Carine Roitfeld leaves French Vogue


Photo courtesy of Style.com

Happy Monday, everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful and fashionable weekend.

I'm sure many of you have already heard about Carine Roitfeld of French Vogue announcing on last Friday her plans to step down after a decade as Editor-in-Chief of the iconoclastic publication.

Though many in the industry were surprised by what seemed to be a "sudden" move by Ms. Roitfeld, the lady herself gave us a window into her future plans while the subject of a fashion profile featured in New York magazine's spring 2008 fashion issue. According to the self-proclaimed fashion stylist, she has never been too keen on the business aspect of the fashion world and was quoted as saying "my best quality is to be a stylist. I never think about this career, this big job...I never wanted to be what I am today, and I will not die in the position."

Since Roitfeld's arrival ten years ago, French Vogue has experienced uncanny success, both editorially and in garnering top advertisers. In addition, the magazine has seen it's circulation increase at an astounding rate, according to Conde Nast International chief executive, Jonathan Newhouse.

Roitfeld, who will stay on until January 2011, insists that there is no career based motivation behind her leaving. She merely thinks it's time for her to "do something different" and wants to leave while still at the top of her game. At the top, indeed; the style maven has never been one to shun the spotlight and is as much known for her own personal style as she is for her incredible ability to style others.

No doubt, she will be missed by all who had the opportunity to work with such a brilliant personality, and I for one am waiting with bated breath to see what Roitfeld's next move will be. Below are some of my favorite Roitfeld fashion moments in time:



Photo courtesy The Sartorialist


Photo courtesy Style.com


Photo courtesy "I Want to Be a Roitfield"

Quotes and other information courtesy of New York Magazine.

4 comments:

Giovanna ♥ said...

Hi darling! Great post! I'm glad you're back, it's always nice to read you!
I just wanted to let you know that you're the winner of my latest Giveaway (Boho Bracelet)!! Congrats!!!. Please send me an email including your full name and mailing address so that we can send you the bracelet as soon as possible.
My email address is: giovanna(dot)fashiondesign(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks for participating darling!
xoxo

Giovanna

Marian said...

welcome back darling. How have you been Cheryl Lynn? Sweetpea Carine Roitfeld will be missed at Vogue Paris, I look forward to seeing what she does next.
Big hug
x
marian.

Danielle Shepherd said...

Hey Cheryl Lynn! I was pretty shocked and saddened to learn of Carine Roitfeld's departure from Vogue Paris but like Marian, I'm also looking forward to her next venture. I'm sure it wil be fantastic whatever she does!

SOFIA said...

GREAT AND INTERESTING!!!