Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LENA HORNE: The Lady, the Legend

One of the entertainment industry's most elegant icons has passed on. Lena Horne, still beautiful at the age of 92 passed away on Monday of this week. The first black entertainer to sign a long-term contract with a major Hollywood studio, Ms. Horne went on to experience a long and illustrious career.

FA'SHOE'NISTA! pays tribute to a magnificent lady and a prolific performer. Here are some of my favorite photo of this great woman. Enjoy!


Photo courtesy of Mirrorpix


Photo courtesy of the Everett Collection


Courtesy of the Everett Collection


Courtesy of the Everett Collection

3 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OOOH but you gone make me cry with this one. I will miss her. She was beautiful on the inside and outside. Such a wonderful example of a Black Woman. These pictures that you have posted make me so gosh darn proud to have her for the short time that we did. Now was a fashionista!!! A true one at that.
I love you so much and I am so proud of you. I know that your plate is full with school work and everything, but I love you so much and I 'm sooooo proud of you. Keep your head up. I know you want to do what is in your heart. You've got to take time for you. YOU HEAR ME????? YOU!
Love you
V

Kristin said...

She was a true icon!

DAVID McGRIEVEY said...

That's a beautiful photographic tribute to a great lady, thank you for posting it.
There is no Stormy Weather where she is now.
David