Monday, February 1, 2010

Red Carpet Chic: The Grammys

Okay, I'll admit, I have a short attention span for award shows. I haven't watched one for more than 5 minutes for years now, and I don't intend to start any time soon. But I do like to see what everyone wore on the Red Carpet after the fact. So my pick for favorite Red Carpet look is, drum roll please...Pink!

While I don't listen to her music, I have followed her changing trends over the years. If Madonna is the Queen of Reinvention, Pink is surely bringing up the rear and moving fast toward the throne.

I love Pink. I remember watching an E! documentary of her life and everything she's gone through. I admire her tenacity, her sheer will to keep going in spite of all sorts of family trials and personal obstacles. She's not perfect and never claimed to be. She is not your everyday, run of the mill Pop Diva, she is a real woman with real issues who happens to have a stellar voice and a banging physique.

Pink is a home girl with heart. She is stylish without being too trendy, edgy without being too extreme, and lately, she's just been down right glamorous. So my hat's off to Pink as FA'SHOE'NISTA's pick for Best Red Carpet Look. Let's get this party started!


Pink in a floor length ombre dress by
Tony Ward Haute Couture
Photo courtesy of InStyle

5 comments:

Giovanna ♥ said...

Great gown! I love it! Thanks for this wonderful post darling :)
Hope you're having a great week so far!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I only wish I could wear as well! She looks great! I love everything about the whole look. Beautiful. Hey pudd hope that all is well with you. Love you babe!
V

marian said...

darling hope you are well.i love your write up about Pink! I think she has an amazing voice and is refreshingly real.
i loved her in that dress!
xoxo
marian.
wishing you a lob

WendyB said...

Pink's performance was what I loved! That was amazing!

Peter Breese said...

Nice write up on a pretty cool gal. I can't say I listen to her regularly, but I do think Pink has shown a welcome sense of evolution and spunk. Keep rockin Cheryl.