Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Even after 8 years, I still get sort of melancholy on Mother's Day. My mom passed away from cancer in 2001. We were extremely close, we went just about everywhere and did many things together. She was literally my first glimpse into the world of style and fashion, for she was a style maven in her own right. My mom believed in dressing the part, no matter what the occasion, whether it be church, a night out for dinner and/or a movie, or just going out shopping. Mom always looked and smelled her best.

Tomorrow is a tribute to all the mothers who taught and are teaching their daughters and sons an sense of pride, responsibility and style. Kudos go out to all the mothers of my Loverlee readers and to all of my readers who are mothers themselves. Enjoy your day!


Me and Elizabeth

8 comments:

Shell said...

A lovely tribute to your mom, Cheryl. I know today she is looking down at you and smiling.

The Seeker said...

I feel related to this post about my father...

Your mother was a very elegante lady, you can tell she was some how a fashinista.

Mother's Day here was last sunday.

Have a nice sunday, my darling.

xoxo

Bella Sinclair said...

Cheryl, your mother was a beautiful and classy woman. This is a touching tribute to her.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful and loving Mother's Day. xoxo

Cheryl Lynn said...

Thank you all so much for the kind comments.

Have a wonderful day!

Hanh said...

Happy Mother's day to you! the pic is sweet.
Thank you for your comment. welcome back to visit as usually;-)
Hanh,

Giovanna said...

How sweet is this post and the picture Cheryl. This is such a beautiful tribute to your mom.
I hope you had a wonderful and loving day!
xxx
Giovanna

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-What a lovely, thoughtful post, this is a beautiful picture of you both. I hope you had a nice weekend, take care my dear.

Marian said...

What a beautiful photo and even more beautiful tribute to your amazing late Mum. My thoughts are with you honey at this time.
Thank you for sharing this touching piece with us dear.
big hug and stay blessed,
Marian

p.s thank you for amazing comments.