Monday, April 13, 2009

Givenchy and Rihanna: A Match made in Shoe Heaven, or that other place?


Rihanna in Givenchy's gladiator boot.
Photo courtesy of coolspotters.com

Good Monday everyone. I'm on vacation this week, at least from my 9 to 5 grind. So today, during my online fashion research, who do I run into, but my favorite (I hope she comes to her senses)hip-hop, fashion diva, Rihanna. Paired with extreme fashion forward footwear in the form of Givenchy's Gladiator Boot, the diva and the designer make for an eye-catching collaboration.

I've read numerous reviews of this particular design and opinions have been mixed. While the gladiator has never been a personal choice of mine in the past, I love these, and if given the chance (and the moolah) I would scoop them up in a heartbeat and find a way to wear them the same day. But then, that's just my crazy self. I say, if you've got the right look, go for it. What do you think, my Loverlees? Are these a do or a don't? Strictly celebrity, or can real-world fashion divas pull these off?

Shoes that make you go hmmmm...


Givenchy Black leather gladiators
$1775.00
Photo courtesy: stylescoop.co.za

5 comments:

Rosie Unknown said...

Hmm, I really like them! They would look awesome over bright tights, or really pale skin, or tan skin, or anything other than black.

Shell said...

I love the gladiator shoe look. It's sexy to me.

Anthea said...

I think they could be pulled off! Definitely! They are so unique and I love the edginess about them. I hope she comes to her senses too!

Marian said...

Oh I love these honey and think Rihanna totally pulled them off.
I would whip them up in a minute!
Hope your well honey.
xx
Marian.

Anonymous said...

christian louboutin
boots
high heels
womens boots
heels
women's shoes
knee boots
women's boots
black shoes
boots shoes
new shoes
high boots
black boots
manolo
Chloe
christian
----------------------------------------------
christian shoes
manolo blahnik
giuseppe zanotti
miu miu
christian louboutin pumps
christian shoes spring 2010
salvatore ferragamo
jimmy choo
choo shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian lou16:13 2009-12-18boutin pumps
manolo sale
blanhnik shoes
miu miu shoes
knee high boots
thigh high boots
knee high
pumps shoes
red shoes
brown shoes
leather shoes
louboutin size shoes
black leather shoes
leather shoes boots
designer shoes
women's sandals