Saturday, March 21, 2009

FINALLY! It's Spring...


Photo courtesy Free Stock Photos

Well! We made it, my Loverlees. It's officially Springtime. Yaaaay! Okay, it's still a little cold, but at least we know that warmer weather is just around the corner. Springtime color, as I'm sure you know if you've seen my last two posts, is my current obsession. Spring is the beginning of new life. In a literal sense, it means that life is springing forth from death. Grass blades are springing forth from a once dead and frozen ground. Green buds are springing forth from once frozen, bare tree limbs. Babies are being born and dressed like little rabbits :D The breeze is warmer without being hot and dry. Everything is just right.

This is true fashion wise as well. Big, giant coats give way to something lighter and more colorful. Open-toed shoes are now acceptable without tights, to allow for exposure of the newest springtime colors of nail polish. How lovely and freeing, the Springtime. A time for the revitalization and reinvention of oneself. New hair, new clothes, new makeup, new ideas, new trends, new handbags, and most importantly, new shoes! Ahhh, new shoes... what a wonderful concept!

Whether you choose to enjoy a long awaited warm breeze on your way to the mall, or opt for online shopping, "shopping" is the operative word for springtime. From the uber expensive to the aptly affordable, the entrance of spring brings with it a myriad of choices for the fashionably astute. RedTagClothing.com, a wholesale clothing online shop, offers a wide variety of everything from dresses to accessories and best of all shoes! And their site is really easy to navigate.

From the other end of the spectrum and high on the drool factor, is my personal favorite designer of the moment, Camilla Skovgaard. I think this dynamo from Denmark is an awesome designer and will be around for a long time, her place undoubtedly secured in the anals of fashion.

Camilla Skovgaard


Dolce & Gabbana
Strappy T-Strap Sandal
$550.00
Neiman Marcus



Valentino
Platform Wrap Sandal
$695.00
Neiman Marcus



Sergio Rossi
Narrow Zip Sandal
$670.00
Neiman Marcus


I know, I know... these aren't open-toed, but hey, they're exquisitely Christian Louboutin. Nuff said!

Christian Louboutin
Dillian Pump
$2875.00
Neiman Marcus


Be sure you bag it in colorful style this spring!


Gustto Estive
Beach Bag
445.00
Neiman Marcus


Carlos Falchi
Python Shoulder Bag
$2050.00
Neiman Marcus


Valentino
Flower Tote
$1950.00
Neiman Marcus

6 comments:

The Seeker said...

OMG, great stuff.

And it's spring but still cold here

xoxo

Shell said...

I especially adore the Dillion Pump and the Valentino bag. I'm very happy it's Spring too, though the weather is still chilly.

ryder said...

Camilla Skovgaard? you are really into fashion. that loubiton shoes are great. for a moment i thought vuitton.

The Seeker said...

Can I ask you a favour? If you are inclined, would you be so kind as
to pop over to http://style.la-mimi.com/weekly-fashion-idol/vote-for-your-favorite-fashion-idol/
I just would love if you would vote for your favourite. Better if you vote for me. :)
Thank you
The Seeker

Marian said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my styling dear. darling loving the Camilla shoes! Just to let you know that my blog name and link have been changed to www.mariankihogo.blogspot.com
x
marian

Leigh said...

I love those Camilla shoes!!! Great stuff and I am ready for my spring shoe shopping :))