Saturday, February 28, 2009

Designer Showcase, the Timeless Designs of Donna Karan


Designer Donna Karan
Photo Credit: Style.com

I love Donna Karan. She is one of the few designers whom, I think, can dress both men and women with class and style. Her men's line looks like a MEN's line (Go to www.dkny.com to see a fantastic video of her new men's line). I wouldn't have a problem with my man wearing most of her designs. The classic lines and fine detailing make for a timeless style that transcends mere "trendiness." Fashion victimization is clearly not found as a part of her cache.

I love these two looks. I know they're similar in style but the color is rich and the ensemble is extremely versatile.

FA'SHOE'NISTA! celebrates the feminine, classic, and very chic, designs of Donna Karan.





Donna Karan
Evening Star Loop Pouch
995.00
Neiman Marcus

3 comments:

Kat said...

the first outfit is very pretty!

Marian said...

Donna Karan's work is always slick and timeless. I'm loving how chic both runway outfits are.The bag is yummy too!
muah x
marian

Marian said...

Hi honey, hope you are well. Had a good week? I hope so by grace. Thank you for your lovely comment.

I am passionate about doing something that involves our God given talents or passions.

Heheheh what I do sometimes might not seem like a job but it sure is :o). Fashion styling for editorial publications is only ten percent the shoot itself.

Theres research as soon as one receives the brief,pr appointments to go pick out the perfect samples for said shoot,creating mood boards for shoot.arranging and casting right makeup and hair creatives.etc etc all before the actual shoot day itself.now most shoots go on for hours and your on your feet through out,sometimes starting at God forsaken hours,pining clothes,steaming them,documenting what gets used.

Then when all thats done dusted(my last shoot started at 3am and i didnt get home till midnight)you need to package pieces carefully and return each to its indivual pr house :o).That's for each shoot and some weeks I have 3-4 so it is all consuming.

Will be doing a more detailed post on it in a day or so God willing.
hope you have a blessed weekend sweetie.
big kiss