Thursday, September 11, 2008

BCBGMAXAZRIA: Innovative Cool

Hello, my Bellas!

Please forgive the recent scarceness of my entries but being back in the job grind can drain a Fa'Shoe'Nista dry by the end of the workday. So tonight I decided to force myself to stay off the couch (and out of a sleep induced coma)and catch up on some shoe lovin'.

The lastest object of my lust is BCBGMAXAZRIA. The style is sleek, sophisticated and consists of pieces that tend to lay upon the body with the ease and fluidity of expensive silk sheets. Sweaters are form fitting without the appearance of being pulled too tightly. Pants are long, flowing and reminiscent of a 70's retro wide leg--a true bell bottom. Pencil, three-tiered, and flouncy skirts kiss the dangerously seductive area between the knee and the lower part of the thigh, leaving just enough mystery to be considered fresh and funky instead of crass and trashy.


BCBG
Camilla Wool Trouser
208.00
BCBGMAXAZRIA



BCBG
Cotton Skirt
178.00
BCBGMAXAZRIA


Then there are the shoes (you knew it was coming, right?)

Founded in 1989, BCGBMAXAZRIAGROUP is the brainchild and remains the solitary and eclectic vision of one man: Max Azria. Not only is he the Founder, but he is Designer, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer--a Renaissance man in every since of the term.

Azria moved to the United States in 1981, after designing his line of women's apparel in his native Paris for eleven years. BCBG stands for the French phrase bon chic, bon genre; Parisian slang that translates into good style, good attitude.

In February 2004, Azria launched a highly exclusive couture collection of oppulent gowns, Max Azria Atelier, influenced by Hollywood glamour. His one-of-a-kind gowns are created for celebrity clients and events on the red carpet. A few of Azria's famous patrons include Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, Beyonce Knowles and Fergie.

Other facets of the BCBG empire include Herve Leger by Max Azria, a historical first time merger of French couturier with an American designer, and BCBGirls/To the Max, resulting in BCBGeneration, a young, hip and contemporary brand.

There are currently 475 BCBGMAXAZRIA retail boutiques around the globe; 180 are located in the U.S. In addition, the collection is featured in speciality shops as well as department store "in-store" boutiques such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy's.

A fashion powerhouse with a mega-vision, BCBGMAZXAZRIA will no doubt remain a staple in the psyche of fashionistas and fa'shoe'nistas around the world for generations to come.

Enjoy!


BCBG
Leather round toe pump w/platform
BCBGMAXAZRIA



BCBG
Patent Leather Pump
275
BCBGMAXAZRIA



BCBG
Snake Print Leather peep-toe
210.00
BCBGMAXAZRIA


All references and photos are courtesy of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP.com

10 comments:

Psyche said...

I've got my eye on several BCBG MaxAzria pieces too. These shoes are fab.

Cheryl Lynn said...

Psyche: The shoes truly are fabulouso. I love the look.

Have a great day, hon.

WendyB said...

Like the snake print.

lacouturier said...

lovee them! =)

please check out my blog, http://lacouturiernyc.wordpress.com! =)

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-I do love the shoes, very nice!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Wendyb: The snakeskins are fab, aren't they?

Lacouturier: Every piece is wonderful. I'm very impressed.

Sharon Rose: The shoes are simply amazing. Have a great week, hon.

Cammila said...

I just love the way BCBG uses material -- just like you said! Even when they're using menswear as a jumping off point, they always find a way to highlight and flatter the female body. And clearly from the shoes you chose to highlight, they know how to flatter with that form as well!

Lady Melbourne said...

Fabulous selections as always Cheryl Lynn, you have me lusting after those cherry patent pumps now!
LM
x

Cheryl Lynn said...

Cammila: It's just a magnificent line. I'm becoming more and more enamored with it.

Ciao, me Bella!

Lady Melbourne: I am always so pleased when you take a particular liking to something I've showcased. I count it a real compliment.

Much love to you, me Lady!

Danz said...

Hey Cheryl Lynn, glad to see you back again! I know how difficult it can be to work up the mental energy to post when you work so hard during the day.

I love both outfits you featured as well as these fabulous shoes! The red ones are my favourite.

I also wanted to let you know that I'm currently running a contest on my blog to win a $25 gift certificate from a lovely online boutique. Hope you'll check it out!

Enjoy your day tomorrow darling :)