Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wish List August 2, 2008

One day, while driving one of my friends to Bible Study, a conversation about cars came up. As this giant Hummer passed my 1999 Buick LeSabre, my car pooler commenced to tell me how she liked that make and model of vehicle. I immediately retorted that you couldn't pay me to purchase or drive one of those and then went on a tirade about how the Hummer is a totally masculine "boy toy" that resembles a refrigerator on wheels. When my pooler asked me why I felt so negatively about the Hummer, I quickly answered, "because it doesn't match any of my Italian shoes."

Please forgive me if that sounds just a little bit shallow (I'm really not, I just like what I like), but I am quite serious. I've been a Fa'shoe'nista for a very long time, since I was a youngun', and I believe in the total look.

So, while I look for substance just like the next person, style is a necessity as well. Men and women alike, consider their cars an accessory or representative of their lifestyle. Even those of us who go through the hooptie stage become attached to our less than glamorous acquisitions and try to keep them running for as long as we can.

Because I don't yet have a car, I'm always looking at them and ordering catalogs of luxury cars online. After careful consideration, my dream vehicle has been narrowed down to three two seater models: The Audi TT Roadster, the BMW Z4 Roadster, and the Jaguar XK series, all drop tops, of course.

I'm sorry, but I can't see my Manolo Blahnik, at the end of a very shapely leg no doubt, stepping out of a Hummer or some other such monstrosity. On the other hand, either one of the above choices would allow for a sophisticated and fashionably executed exit anywhere, at any time of the day and would accentuate any Shoe Maven's collection of fashionable footwear.

The Jaguar has always been a favorite of mine, so I'm featuring this magnificent machine along with some elegant footwear to round out my Wish List for this evening.

Enjoy, my Bellas!


Jaguar XK


Bettye Muller
Bonham Flannel Pump
$495.00
Neiman Marcus



Donna Karan
Crisscross Patent d'Orsay
$630.00
Neiman Marcus



Manolo Blahnik
Strappy Sandal
$665.00
Neiman Marcus

8 comments:

Lady Melbourne said...

Those flannel pumps have Lady Melbourne written all over them! You have my heart when it comes to picking shoes Cheryl Lynn!
LM

Sharon Rose said...

Who can argue on these car choices, Cheryl Lynn!! have a lovely day!

Nay'Chelle said...

great shoes, but I would take the jaguar any day!

Honeymoon said...

I luv the Manolo pumps !

Danz said...

Hey Cheryl! Haha, your response to your friend's question is hilarious and very true!

While no one can deny that Hummers are powerful, they aren't really sleek or glamorous. That Jaguar is a much more stylish match with these gorgeous shoes you picked out!

I hope you're doing well my dear :) Take care and enjoy your day tomorrow!

Cammila said...

You make an excellent point! A lady with your taste would need something with a little finesse in the design -- not just a "the biggest one wins" mentality! The curves of a Jaguar would go with your sinewy heels perfectly! "My dream car was always the Lotus Elan -- because that's what Emma Peel drove on the old TV show the Avengers! If it's good enough for a 60's secret agent, it's good enough for me!

And not to be extremely non fashion type, but aside from looking like a giant sign that says "I NEED TO DRIVE A GIANT CAR TO FEEL LIKE A MAN!! the Hummer gets like 10 miles a gallon. In this day and age? No thank you!

Imelda Matt said...

What respectable shoe lover doesn't what to match shoes to their mode of transportation!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Lady Melbourne: Sophistication is as sophistication does: You are definitely proof of that.

Sharon Rose: I am a two-seater fanatic. There are so many more but those stick out the most because I see them the most on the road. Tantalizing indeed.

Nay'chelle: I must agree, sweetie.

Honeymoon: The Manolos are breathtaking as per usual.

Danz: A refrigerator on wheels is all I can see. I love ya, my darling.

Cammila: You are so right, I'd forgotten about that car. Leave it to my little Mod Magnifique to remind me! I'm gonna have to research that one. 10 miles to the gallon, that is truly ridiculous. Love ya, much.

Imelda Matt: That's just a given. They have to match.