Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shoe Maven of the Week: A Woman of Style and Substance

As anyone who reads my little blog knows, style and finesse of dress is very important to me. One of the things I enjoy most about blogging is discovering others of like mind as well as exchanging ideas and fashion tidbits with my blogging peers.

I don't get around as much as I'd like (lack of transporation is a real drag) so I have to soak up the fashion vibes of my immediate environment whenever I can. An area of regular attendance for me is my church. In the Black community, church has always been the place to see beautful dresses, suits, shoes and hats on the Sisters that worship on Sunday Mornin'. So it stands to reason that a fashion fanatic could be inspired by the stylish ladies at my place of Worship.

Hence, my Shoe Maven of the Week is one of my fellow worshipers, Darlene Lee. Whenever I see Darlene, she carries an aura of elegance and sophistication, reminicent of Audrey Hepburn, whom she says is an inspiration.

Darlene Lee's fashion first love is mixing vintage clothing with modern pieces. Her fashion cardinal rule is that confidence is the first accessory every woman should slip on at the start of her day. Ms. Lee believes your clothing should make an external statement about your internal image.

I wholeheartedly agree, and am pleased to share with my Lover-lees this woman of style and substance.

3 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Oh she looks gorgeous and I love her philosophy too!! So nice to choose someone you know too!

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh she is deserving- look at that outfit! I realise this blog is about the shoes but she is pulled together so beautifully and just looks like a picture.
Well spotted Cheryl!
LM

Cheryl Lynn said...

Sharon Rose: She is positively a gorgeous person, inside and out. We could all use more of her advice.

Lady Melbourne: This is a regular occurence with her. Always an elegant picture.