Monday, August 18, 2008

A Cut (Out) Above

From booties to pumps, the cutout has taken high fashion shoe-dom to a new level of less is more. Manolo Blahnik, Miu Miu, Versace and Dior all have designs on fashion's newest staple. Sleek and sensuous with a touch of red-light district edginess, the "cutout" transcends the norm; either worn with colored tights in risk taking contrast, nude hose, no hose, or same color hose for the illusion of a long and leggy line, (unless you actually have long legs, making the illusion a reality).

Here are just a few of my favorites. Though the general concept may be similar in style, each designer has brought his or her own vision to the creative process.


Manolo Blahnik
Cutout Bootie
785.00
Neiman Marcus



Miu Miu
Suede Patent Pump
490.00
Neiman Marcus



Nanette Lepore
Shoe Bootie
390.00
Neiman Marcus



Loeffler Randall
Cutout Bootie
575.00
Neiman Marcus

11 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Ooh, hard to choose a favourite, they are all soo covetable!!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Sharon Rose: Yes ma'am, it is indeed a quandary...
Hope you're having a great week!

Cammila said...

Do you remember maybe 10 years ago when cutouts were popular on dresses? I remember Toni Braxton wore one in the Unbreak My Heart video, and Helen Hunt wore one when she won an Oscar. I think that shoes are a totally natural next step in the pattern! And I'd rather show some ankle than a big cookie-bite cutout of my side!

Danz said...

Ouu, they're all so delish! The red ones stand out to me the most.

Hey, I'm running a Labor Day promotion on my blog that will begin in a few days. You can get a 15% discount at a great, affordable online store - check it out!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day darling :)

Cheryl Lynn said...

Cammila: As a matter of fact, I was thinking about that era when I was putting together this post. Then I thought about the seventies and early eighties when the cutout one piece swimsuit or the "Malliot" was popular.

Funny you should mention that and I agree totally, I would much rather my shoes be cutouts than anything piece of clothing.

Love ya, babe!

Danz: Cool, I will be on the lookout for your promotion. Sounds like a great deal.

Those red ones are most magnilicious, aren't they?

Love you much!

Lady Melbourne said...

Nanette Lepore has my heart!
LM
x

Cheryl Lynn said...

Lady Melbourne: I'm really becoming fast friends with Nanette Lepore!

WendyB said...

Love the Loeffler Randall.

candice said...

omg! i luv those manolo's they are gorgous!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Wendyb: So do I. I find their shoes very interesting.

Cheryl Lynn said...

Candice: The Manolos always get me going!