Friday, July 25, 2008

Innovation at it's best


"Bow" Mixed Media Assemblage
Original artwork by me.

Hello everyone. It's the weekend and I hope you all are enjoying it. I must apologize for being away, my system was down for about a day and a half. Anyone who has blogged for any length of time knows how difficult it can be to stay current and interesting. Much of our time is spent researching the web for the newest look from the newest kids on the block or for the current creations from those whose careers we've been following for decades. And life, if you live it that is, has a way of getting in the way of our more creative endeavors.

For any artist, writer, or designer, the key to keeping the masses, or just your circle of admirers, coming back for more is innovation. That's what I look for most. Whether it spawns a concept that I've never seen or heard of before, or a new twist on an old idea, innovation pushes the creator to the next level of creativity. The innovator never stops looking for ways to surprise, shock, or make one think. He or she is a visionary, someone who can see far beyond his or her immediate environment; a risk taker who is willing to bust out of tradition, or to try and improve on what we've been taught in the past.

For me, the following designers represent innovation at it's best and I am happy to share these inspiring creations with you.

Enjoy!


Fendi
Beaded spy bag
2750.00
Neiman Marcus



Carlos Falchi
Large Waxed Python Satchel
2850.00
Neiman Marcus



Christian Louboutin
Button web strappy sandal
1345.00
Neiman Marcus



Fendi
Hairhide fringe raguette
5420.00
Neiman Marcus


I love, love, love Kate Spade!

Kate Spade
Georgia Croc embossed pump
328.00
Neiman Marcus



Taryn Rose
Nappa Bootie
295.00
Neiman Marcus



Gucci
Babouska Shoulder Bag Large
2295.00
Neiman Marcus

5 comments:

Lady Melbourne said...

God I love that Gucci hand bag- why do I always love the most expensive item?!?!?
Louboutins are amazing too.
Great to see your artwork to Cheryl Lynn, don't worry about coming up with new stuff, your posts are always interesting and seem effortless, I guess figure you are an encyclopedia of shoes and bags!
LM

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-your art work is very skillful and creative-well done! Love the Fendi bag too!

Fashion Addict said...

I love the Christian Louboutin and Kate Spade shoes. They are just so chic. And that Gucci bag is like something I have never seen before! Got to have it!

Psyche said...

Glad your system is back up. That can be a stress.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that Louboutin sandal. Beautiful!

Bombchell said...

the kate spade is really pretty. I think I saw something similar this week, but i can't remember where, Aldo perhaps.