Monday, July 21, 2008

CRISS CROSS WILL MAKE YOU...

Along with the resurgence of the T-Strap, the criss cross element is the next style with a sophisticated and "slendorizing" effect. Whether thin or wide, because the meeting point of the straps is in the middle of the instep, the focus is set on the narrowest part of the foot. I've noticed the trend not only in open-air sandals but in the fall designs as well, shoes and booties alike.

These are my favorite picks.

Miu Miu is no slouch when it comes to
beautifully constructed criss-cross booties.

Miu Miu
Criss Cross Bootie
575.00
Neiman Marcus



Miu Miu
Criss-cross Strappy Bootie
790.00
Neiman Marcus



Miu Miu
Buckled Bootie
650.00
Neiman Marcus


A criss-cross gladiator.

Claudia Ciuti
Studded Gladiator Sandal
375.00
Neiman Marcus


A very beautiful and elegant sandal
by the queen of simple elegance,
Diane Von Furstenberg

DV Furstenberg
Rita Sandal
475.00
Neiman Marcus


What's in a name? Plenty if it's
this chic, lightly embellished slide.

Gucci
Margo High Heel Slide
675.00
Neiman Marcus

14 comments:

Cammila said...

Bestill my heart -- those brown Miu Miu's! Why must everything from that band be beautiful!

Sharon Rose said...

These are lovely picks-I love the Gucci ones!!

Nay'Chelle said...

Great observatin. I've been seeing surge of criss-cross shoes too.

Lady Melbourne said...

Miu Miu buckle booties are gorgeous, I'm sure we'll see plenty of 'inspired' versions of these!
LM
x

Caroline said...

i can't comprehend those miu mius. they're too goooood!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Sharon Rose: Gucci is always beautiful.

Nay'chelle: It's amazing how trends come and go with just a little tweaking to modernize.

Lady Melbourne: I believe you're right, me Lady.

Caroline: Aren't they astounding?

Brigitte said...

I love those Gucci slides. The medallion on the side really pops against the black.

Psyche said...

I love the Miu Miu booties!

Laurel said...

HELLLOOOO MIU MIU BOOTIES! Gimme, C - GIMME!

I love this post, I think this has got to be my favorite! I'm such a sucker for hothothot booties. Have you seen those wonderful Marni sandals on sale at netaporter? Oh dear - take the Visa away!

Love you babe! Have a wonderful week, okay?! xo

Raiment Urbane said...

love the gladiators.

Danz said...

Great post full of lovely goodies! The 2nd pair of Miu Miu booties are so hot! I love the mix of shades.

Thanks a lot for your comments darling! I always appreciate you stopping by and leaving lovely words :D

Take care and enjoy your day tomorrow hun! Love ya!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Laurel: I love you, my lovely Laurel! Aren't those booties smashing! I couldn't pass them up!

raiment urbane: The "glads" are totally cute, especially with the messy kind of criss-cross going on.

Danz: Love you too, Danz, and you are a true wordsmith.

Imelda Matt said...

your back :) It works best on a closed toe shoe!

Cheryl Lynn said...

Imelda Matt: You know, I think I agree with you.